We're sorry but we don't have any guaranteed charity places in this event.
Are you looking to try something a little different for your fundraising event – how about The Fright Hike challenge? The Fright Hike (www.fright-hike.com) challenge is simple – each walker makes their way around the 30km route within 6 hours.
Ghosts are abundant throughout Scotland and Stirling is no exception; look out for the old ruined Kirk in Aberfoyle, with two large mortuary weights, used to stop thieves from making off with freshly interred bodies. Pastor Robert Kirk’s spirit is said to be imprisoned in a pine on the nearby Doon Hill. Tie your laces tight, this is going to be one hell of a challenge!
Being a Fright Hiker...
Ghosts and spooks aside, be aware that Fright Hike is a tough walking challenge as well as being a fun social event. The 30km courses are not easy and we require all walkers to be able to complete the route within 6 hours.
Trekking for 30km will be very difficult if you don’t take part in regular walking activities, but with the correct training and with our expert support, it is very achievable.
- Sign up as a team – support each other on your Halloween hike!
- Sign up as an individual – our Fright Hike crew will support you
- Just £35 to register per person or less if you’re an ‘early bird’ (see below for registration fees)
- Raise a minimum sponsorship of £140 for Sands.
The Fright Hike Village
All the Fright Hike routes will start and finish at a Fright Hike Village where a whole host of facilities will be available for everyone taking part in all four event locations – toilets, hot food and refreshments available to buy, car parking and a great atmosphere pre and post hike!
The Costs...Registration Fees
Super Early Bird £22 Register before 31st May 2014
Early Bird £29 Register before 31st August 2014
Standard £35 Register after 1st September2014
Registration Fee + Minimum Sponsorship = £140 per person
You pay the non-refundable registration fee to Global Adventure Challenges and then raise the minimum sponsorship for Sands.
You must send 80% (£112 per person) of the minimum sponsorship and pledges for the remaining 20% to Sands at least 6 weeks prior to the challenge. Sands will then pay the event balance out of the sponsorship. All outstanding sponsorship must be sent to Sands within 4 weeks of completing the event.
Full event backup and support through challenge event specialists Global Adventure Challenges; marshalled checkpoints providing complimentary snacks and refreshments; support vehicles; challenge leaders sweeping the pack and a whole lot of fun.
Fright Hikers will also have access to the participants’ area of the website, where a host of event information will be available:
- Trek Guides
- Kit Lists
- Training information and guidelines
- Discount vouchers for affiliate clothing and equipment partners
- Route information
- Information regarding transport links and how to get to/from each of the Fright Hike Villages
...and a whole lot more!