Save lives with every mile this April
This April take on your own marathon in your own way. Take on 26.2 miles and join #TeamSands, helping us continue to save babies’ lives.
- Run 1 mile a day for 26 days
- Share the 26.2 miles with a friend and complete it together
- Run 26.2 miles all in one go - Join the Sands London Marathon Team on 23rd April!
- Walk a couple of miles a week with friends
- Or really do it your way, with your own original idea!
The challenge is free to join and we simply ask you to raise as much as you can for Sands, saving lives with every mile this April.
Sign up now by joining the Facebook Group below
When you sign up everything is done for you
- Your fundraiser is created for you in just one click which you can then share.
- Your Sands t-shirt will be sent out in the post and you’ll receive it within 10 working days.
- You will join the My Marathon My Way Facebook Community where you can share your miles and talk to your fellow #TeamSands members.
We are so thankful to everybody taking part in this challenge and everybody, regardless of how much you fundraise, you will receive a digital certificate at the end of your challenge. To reward those who go above and beyond in their fundraising by reaching £100 by 1 April, we will send you a pair of orange and blue laces to complete your marathon in. Even better, reach £150 by 30 April and we will send you a bespoke medal with your certificate.
Join our Strava Club
Be inspired and track your progress along with other #MyMarathonMyWay runners by joining our strava club by clicking here.
You will receive a copy of your miles tracker in your t-shirt pack, but you are also welcome to download a copy here.
You can also download our achievement badges here to share with friends and family and celebrate your accomplishments.
You can find everything you need to know about my marathon my way by heading to our FAQs below. If your question isn't answered, do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I download my fundraising pack?
- Download this social media profile picture frame. This will help promote your my marathon my way fundraising and challenge to all those who follow you online. Just head to Facebook and search 'my marathon my way for sands' and you can add this frame to your profile picture. Or download the frame and you can add it yourself.
- Download the my marathon my way cover photo which you can use on Facebook or Twitter. Just click here to download.
Where and when is this challenge?
This is a virtual challenge for everyone so you can do this throughout April at the best time for you. You can do this in your local area. You can do this together with your friends and family.
Is there an entry fee?
There is no entry fee for this challenge. We do however ask you to fundraise as part of your challenge. Facebook Fundraisers are the easiest way to raise money. It takes a few seconds to set one up, and then it’s really easy to share the page with your Facebook friends
How much do I have to raise?
Please just raise as much as you can. There is no target for this event but we would be so grateful to you for sharing your fundraising page as much as possible and if you prefer to fundraise offline you can download our sponsorship form here. Everybody who takes part in this challenge will receive a certificate.
If you raise £100 by 1 April, you will receive a free pair of blue and orange laces! Raise £150 by 30 April and you will receive a bespoke medal and certificate.
When do I complete my 26.2 miles by?
The challenge is to complete 26.2 miles, a full marathon, in the month of April. You can split the miles up across 26 days, across 4 weeks or do it all in one go. However and whenever you like, in the month of April.
How do I track my miles?
You don’t need to prove to us that you have completed 26.2 miles. You will receive a tracker in your registration pack, but you can use whichever tracking app you would like such as Strava or Map my run. It’s totally up to you. If you are using Strava, join our My Marathon My Way Strava club and track your miles with the rest of the team.
When will I get my T-shirt pack?
T-shirt packs will be posted in batches everyday from 6 March. It can take up to 10 working days for your T-shirt to arrive so please be patient whilst you wait for yours.
What is in my t-shirt pack?
A Sands t-shirt and a tracker for you to mark off your miles, as well as a sponsor form should you wish to fundraise offline.