Following the first successful joint conference held in 2009, Sands, Bliss and the RCM are holding the next in this series of one-day programmes on Thursday 16th September at the Brunei Gallery, SOAS, London. These are aimed at meeting the needs of health practitioners who work in maternity and neonatal services and who care for parents who are coping with bereavement or neonatal illness. The 2010 programme will continue to examine in detail a variety of issues that face both parents and health practitioners.
Debate, share and exchange experiences
This unique one-day conference is the only place in the UK where you will be able to interact with likeminded professionals and learn, understand and equip yourself with the necessary skills.
Who should attend?
- Hospital and community based midwives
- Student midwives
- Neonatal nurses
- Health visitors
- Support agencies
- Maternity support workers
What will I gain?
- insights into parents’ feelings and needs
- greater awareness, confidence and skills
- an understanding of the experience and needs of vulnerable groups
- an opportunity to network and to join the on-line bereavement care network for midwives and neonatal nurses.