We are proud to launch our strategy for the next three years today. Our new strategy sets out our vision, mission and values as one organisation. It outlines our commitments for 2020 and makes clear our strategic objectives for the next three years.
Every day in the UK alone, 15 babies die before, during or shortly after birth.
Our vision is for a world where fewer babies die and when a baby dies anyone affected by the death receives the best care and support for as long as they need. Parents and families who have experienced baby death remain at the core of everything we do.
By 2020 we will:
- reduce the number of babies dying by at least 20%
- have a bereavement lead in every trust or health board and at least one bereavement suite in every hospital
- implement a National Bereavement Care Pathway to make sure that every parent receives equally excellent bereavement care
- ensure a high-quality review of care is carried out, in partnership with parents, after every baby’s death
- raise awareness of the issues surrounding stillbirth and neonatal death and to reduce the taboo associated with these deaths
- ensure every bereaved parent receives a free memory box
To achieve our vision and make good on our commitments, we’ve outlined the following four key objectives.
- To reduce the number of babies dying before, during and shortly after birth
- To ensure the right care and support is available at the right time after the death of a baby
- To grow as one strong, sustainable and effective organisation
- To raise awareness of the issues relating to stillbirth and neonatal death
You can read more about these in our 2017/2020 Strategy. Or you can view our Strategy summary, below.