Event Date
Guaranteed Charity Place


Pay a £50 registration fee and raise a minimum of £345.00 for Sands.

Join us for a night time adventure underneath the stars

Following three incredible years we'll be back in 2025 hoping to make this our biggest night hike yet!  We're taking on Snowdon (Yr Wyddfa) by night and would love for you to join us.  Let's make this year even bigger! Lace up your boots, grab your torch and take part in our Snowdon climb at night. 

With your fellow walkers, you will leave the streetlights of Llanberis and walk into the darkness of the night, wearing your head torch, leaving a glowing trail up the mountain.

With the support of Mountain leaders, you will ascend higher and higher along the Llanberis path with its gradual climb.  On your descent from the summit, you may get the chance to watch the sun rise as you reflect on your amazing achievement and enjoy the stunning views of Snowdonia National Park. 

With the warmth of the morning sun to guide you home, you must summon the energy to return back down the track. Upon arrival at the finish, you will be able to enjoy a celebratory breakfast.



Who will you climb Snowdon for?

With over 200 other climbers taking part for Sands many will be walking in memory of their precious baby. By taking part you can walk alone reflecting on your own memories and you can also have the chance to share memories with your friends, family and new friends too. It is such a beautiful hike to be a part of and all funds raised will help us save babies' lives and help anyone affected by the death of a baby. 





There are two options when registering for this challenge;

Minimum Sponsorship - You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £50.00 at the time of booking and raise a minimum amount of sponsorship, £345.00 for Sands. At least 80% of the minimum sponsorship required (£276.00) must be sent to the charity 7 weeks before departure (by 29/03/2025), and the remaining 20% (£69.00) within 4 weeks of completing the challenge (by 15/06/2025). If you have raised the necessary funds, Sands will then pay the balance of your expedition costs (which will not exceed 49% of the minimum sponsorship target). The charity benefits by keeping the remaining sponsorship money and every pound over and above that you raise.

Self Funded - The full cost of this challenge is £219.00. You will be required to pay the non-refundable registration fee of £50.00 at the time of booking, and 5 weeks before departure (12/04/2025) you will be required to pay the final balance of your challenge costs (£169.00). You will receive fundraising advice and sponsorship forms and be asked to raise as much as you can for Sands. As you have covered the full cost of the challenge, 100% of this fundraising will be retained by Sands.

Sign up here: https://www.charitychallenge.com/expedition/4050/

Supporting you

As part of the Snowdon by Night Hike team, you will receive: 

  • A bespoke Sands t-shirt to wear with pride on your hike
  • Support from a dedicated contact in our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target 
  • Access to the Sands Snowdon community Facebook group
  • Our Sands fundraising pack full of ideas and advice  
  • Fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events 
  • Full support on the mountain from experienced mountain guides
  • Breakfast on Sunday morning after your hike
  • Medal when you cross that finish line


You can view our FAQs here. If you have any other questions contact the Team Sands Fundraising team today by emailing teamsands@sands.org.uk or calling 020 3897 6092.


Exit Site