We work to reduce the number of babies dying and to improve care and support for anyone affected by the death of a baby. Our three year Strategy sets out our vision, mission and values as one organisation. It also outlines our strategic objectives and commitments for 2020.
Our vision for the future
A world where fewer babies die and when a baby does die, anyone affected receives the best possible care and support for as long as it's needed.
Our purpose is:
- to support anyone affected by the death of a baby.
- to work in partnership with healthcare professionals to ensure that bereaved parents and families receive the best possible care.
- to promote improvements in practice and fund research to help reduce the number of babies dying.
Everything we do – the services we run, the public health messages we promote, the way we raise money – is focused around these three aims.
We are compassionate, collaborative and evidence based.
Our commitments for 2020
- To reduce the number of babies dying by at least 20%
- To have a bereavement lead in every trust or health board and at least one bereavement suite in every hospital.
- To implement a National Bereavement Care Pathway to make sure that every parent receives equally excellent bereavement care.
- To ensure a high-quality review of care is carried out, in partnership with parents, after every baby’s death.
- To raise awareness of the issues surrounding stillbirth and neonatal death and to reduce the taboo associated with these deaths.
- To ensure every bereaved parent receives a free memory box.