With a proven Covid – Secure format, plenty of outdoors space and staggered timings, the London Winter Walk is the perfect way to kick start your year. There are two distance options – full Marathon or half Marathon – both starting and finishing at The Oval Cricket Ground. The routes take in highlights of the Thames and its historic bridges, and many of the Capital’s key landmarks.
Join the team
Whether you want to walk a half or full marathon, you can choose your distance with this challenge – so there’s something for everyone!
Cross the finish line as an individual or with a team of friends, family or colleagues.
There are three registration options for you to choose from:
1. Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and raise an agreed minimum sponsorship.
2. Mixed Funding – pay half of your place cost and raise an agreed minimum sponsorship.
3. Self Funding – pay for your place in full, and set your own fundraising target.
The Ultra experience
This event is part of the Ultra series: endurance events for a wide range of fitness and ages. Choose your challenge and do it at your pace. Their full support enables you to dig deep and go further, whilst enjoying the great outdoors and camaraderie. There’s marquee rest stops, lots of food and drink, medical and massage teams and a fully signed route to guide you. At your finish-line, a big celebration awaits, and once the aches subside, you’ll feel an amazing sense of achievement.
Be part of #TeamSands
As part of #TeamSands you will receive:
- a bespoke Sands t-shirt to wear with pride - we suggest requesting a larger size so you can wear over the top of your clothing
- support from a dedicated contact in our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target
- our Sands fundraising pack full of ideas and advice
- fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events
- free food and drink from the event organisers
- free bobble hat and neck buff from the event organisers
- a medal and certificate congratulating you on your achievement
Through taking on this challenging event, you will raise much needed funds to help us prevent more babies from dying and meet the growing need for our support services. Thank you.
Ultra Challenge offer events like this all over the UK. You can join any one of them for #TeamSands. See the full list and sign up on their website.
They also provide free transfers to different events or offer refunds should any government restrictions intervene.
If you have any questions, simply get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 3897 6092