Together we can help everyone find the words to talk about baby loss.
Our Finding the Words campaign aims to break the silence around stillbirth and neonatal death by encouraging everyone to sensitively start a conversation with someone whose baby has died, however long ago.
Please watch our short video and share it with everyone you know. Thank you.
There are some simple ways you can help break the silence around stillbirth and neonatal death.
- Find out how to start a conversation with someone whose baby has died.
- If you're an employer, manager or HR professional find out how to support bereaved parents at work.
- Get involved in the campaign - by taking on a Walk a Mile in My Shoes Challenge, helping spread the word on social media, or emailing your MP.
Every day in the UK 14 babies die before, during, or shortly after they are born.
Talking about the death of a baby can feel very difficult but finding the right words at the right time can really help to support bereaved parents or families when they need it most.
No one grieving after the death of their baby should have to do so in isolation.
You can help to break the silence and find the words to talk to a friend, family member, or colleague whose baby has died.
Many bereaved parents do not receive the support they feel they need from employers after the death of a baby.
More than 2,700 bereaved parents, grandparents, and other family members responded to our survey to find out whether bereaved parents were supported in returning to work after the death of their baby, and what would have helped them.
- Only one in five of people were aware of their employer’s policies for supporting staff if their baby died.
- Almost half (49%) of employers did not discuss entitlements to pay and leave with people following the death of their baby.
We are working with companies and organisations throughout the UK to help them support employees who have experienced baby loss.
If you are an employer, or work in an HR department of a company or organisation, we would love for you to get in touch and download our guide on how to support bereaved parents in the workplace.
Get involved right now
We need you, we can't break the silence around stillbirth and neonatal death on our own.
Please help us make sure that anyone affected by the death of a baby gets the support they need.
Help us to get the word out there by supporting the campaign on social media using #FindingTheWords.
Or you can donate right now to help ensure a bereaved parent doesn't have to cope alone. Thank you.