Sands directly funds scientific research that has the potential to make a significant impact on reducing the numbers of babies who are stillborn or die neonatally, or to improve care for families when a baby dies. We are delighted to announce the launch of our 2016 Funding Round and we are now inviting initial submissions.
To help us meet our aims, we fund research focusing on:
- Understanding the causes of stillbirth and neonatal death
- Identifying pregnancies at risk of perinatal deaths and improving interventions to manage those pregnancies
- Optimising bereavement care
We will be following a clear process to ensure we continue to fund good quality research and this process will include:
- Triage of initial outline submissions by members of the Sands Perinatal Expert Panel
- Successful applications will be invited to submit full applications
- Peer review of full applications
- Consideration of all full applications with peer review comments by the Perinatal Expert Panel
- Recommendations made to the Sands Research subcommittee who will review against our overall Research Strategy
- Final recommendations made to the full Board of Trustees, who will make the decision on which projects to fund in November 2016
Click here to apply for research funding.