A huge thank you to everybody who supported us during Sands Awareness Month. However you got involved, you have all helped to raise awareness of baby death and the work Sands does to support anyone affected by the death of a baby, improve bereavement care and reduce the loss of babies’ lives.
Here’s a quick round up of Sands Awareness Month:
• By sharing your orange selfies and texting donations, you raised a total of £3,581 plus £434 in Gift Aid.
• Our new awareness film ‘Supporting families after the death of a baby; saving babies’ lives’ was launched during Awareness Month and has been watched over 4,500 times so far.
• 264 fundraisers registered events that took place during Sands Awareness Month, that’s over eight events every day.
• Over 50 of you sent in orange selfies during Sands Awareness Month, you can view them all in our Sands Awareness Month selfie album.
• 2,261 new people liked Sands’ Facebook page during Awareness Month.
• By telling your friends about Sands you helped us to reach more than 50,000 people each day on Facebook, helping to raise awareness of baby death to people across the UK.
Interested in supporting Sands? Then get involved.