Salary: £33,000 + £3,300 (London Weighting Allowance) per annum
Hours: Full time – 35 hours per week
Location: Sands Head Office – Portland Place, W1B
Sands, the Stillbirth and neonatal charity is a well respected national charity that:
- Supports anyone affected by the death of a baby.
- Works in partnership with health professionals to ensure that bereaved parents and families receive the best possible care.
- Promotes and funds research that could help to reduce loss of babies’ lives
We are seeking a skilled and experienced person to join our expanding Head Office Team. Building on the achievements of the Groups Manager this is an opportunity to promote and further develop the work of the Sands Networks, groups and volunteers.
You will be expected to:
- Have managerial experience preferably within the voluntary sector.
- Have previous experience of leading volunteers and managing volunteer recruitment, development and retention programmes.
- Be educated at degree level or equivalent.
- Have a strong sense of personal responsibility, accountability and integrity with high professional standards.
- Have an understanding of and empathy with bereaved parents’ needs and perspectives; and a high level of commitment to the ethos of Sands.
- Must have ability to travel throughout the UK.
- Have level of commitment to and the understanding of Equal Opportunities and the ability to counter discrimination.
Please email the completed application form , stating clearly why you would like to be considered for this post, how your skills and experience fits those identified on the job description and what you would bring to Sands and this post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date: midday on 28th November 2014
Interview date: 2nd December 2014