The Simplyhealth Great North Run is the biggest half marathon in the UK and a world renowned event!
Following the footsteps of Mo Farah and Haile Gebrselassie you will join 57,000 other runners taking in this legendary race, all covered on the BBC.
You'll start in Newcastle upon Tyne before making your way through the city towards the River Tyne and legendary Tyne Bridge, where you might even see the Red Arrows. From the bridge, travel through Gateshead, whilst being entertained by bands and cheered by thousands of supporters before finishing in South Shields in front of the sea.
As part of Team Sands you will receive:
- Support from our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target.
- Sands fundraising pack
- Free Sands t-shirt/running vest (or both!)
- Pre-event support from our lovely Challenge Events Team
- Friday Shout-Out on Facebook
- Sands' Cheer Sticks and Collection Tins
- Sands Superstar Thank You
Through taking on this legendary run, you will raise much needed money to help us prevent more babies from dying and meet the growing need for our support services.