see below for details.
This historic 10 mile course dates back to 1212 and is the perfect challenge for beginners or those looking to set a PB. Starting on the Clarence Esplanade, the course takes you through old Portsmouth. You pass by the spectacular Spinnaker Tower and through dockyard pass some of the most famous ships including HMS Victory and the Royal Navy’s current fleet.
Guaranteed charity places
Due to the cancellation of the 2020 Great South Run, all runners have been transferred to the 2021 race. We therefore only had limited places available, which have now all been filled.
If you had a 2020 place and have recently decided you would like to run for #TeamSands in 2021, then it’s not too late. You can join #TeamSands using your own ballot place by following this link.
Be part of #TeamSands
As part of #TeamSands you will receive:
- a bespoke Sands running vest, personalised with a name of your choice, to wear with pride
- support from a dedicated contact in our Fundraising team to help you achieve your target
- training advice and tips to ensure you are fully prepared ahead of race day
- access to a private #TeamSands Facebook Group where you can chat to fellow team mates
- the loudest cheers on race day from the wildest cheer point on the route
- our Sands fundraising pack full of ideas and advice
- fundraising materials to help you promote your fundraising events
- opportunities to celebrate with the team throughout your experience
"I had a wonderful day and really enjoyed the run. I loved the support from the Sands team at mile 5 they really helped me push on!"
Through taking on this historic race, you will raise much needed funds to help us prevent more babies from dying and meet the growing need for our support services. Thank you.
If you have any questions, simply get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 020 3897 6092