Fast, Flat and Friendly! With 25,000 runners taking on this incredible marathon you'll be part of one of Europe's largest marathons.
The Manchester Marathon has announced that part of the route for the 2020 event, taking place on Sunday 5th April, will for the first-time head into the centre of Manchester.
The amended route takes a three-mile loop into the city centre, showcasing some of the city’s most iconic landmarks including the Manchester Opera House, Spinningfields, Albert Memorial Hall and The Midland Hotel amongst many others. Roads will be completely closed, allowing an estimated 25,000 people to take part, and thousands more to gather in the city centre to watch.
As part of Team Sands you will receive:
- Full support throughout to help you reach your goal
- A Sands fundraising pack
- Free Sands t-shirt/running vest (or both!)
- Fundraising ideas to make you fundraising easy and fun
- Friday Shout-Out on Facebook
- Sands' Cheer Sticks and Collection Tins
- Sands Superstar Thank You
By taking part you’ll raise vital funds for Sands and make a real difference!