We are delighted that you want to raise money for Sands. Our fundraising team are on hand to offer you lots of tips and advice on 0845 6520 448 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to download our Fundraising advice sheets:
- Top tips - useful ideas for making your event fun, successful and stress-free.
- Keeping it safe and legal – advice on ensuring that your event complies with the law and is safe for all concerned.
- Insurance – learn when and where you need to consider insurance and other legal matters.
- Raffles and lotteries – a great way to fundraise but with strict rules. Make sure you are aware of the rules by using our guidance notes.
- Gift Aid - Gift Aid can increase the value of donations from UK taxpayers. If you are holding a fundraising event where people are making donations, download this fact sheet.
- Publicising your event and the media – tips on how to increase awareness of your event including how to write a press release.
- Returning your money – an explanation of how to send us money you raise and any fundraising materials you have left over.
- Just GIving - advice on how to use justgiving and make the most of your fundraising page.
- Collecting Tins and Buckets - information and advice about organsing collections in aid of Sands.
- Terms and Conditions - essential reading to understand our terms and conditions and policies around fundraising.
Don’t forget there is also a wealth of useful information online. Here are a few sites you may find of interest:
- Discover Adventure
Discover Adventure specialises in fundraising trekking and cycling challenges and has been running worldwide trips since 1994 – raising over £60 million for many worthy causes. Choose from either cycle from London to Paris, trek Nepal, the Himalayas or to Everest, or closer to home, perhaps Hadrian’s Wall challenge. Whatever you fancy, you’re sure to find something from Discover Adventure.
- Eight Point Two
If you want to challenge yourself to do something different, then check out Eight Point Two. Whether you're wanting to abseil down the side of a building, cycle from London to Paris or walk through the Peaks, Eight Point Two deliver memorable experiences that have thrilled their participants. From Brecon Beacons to the awesome National 3 Peaks Challenge they have a great challenge series for all levels of ability. Abseiling, Cycling or The Whole Hog. Whatever the adrenaline rush you may be looking for, Eight Point Two is definitely worth a look!
- Action Challenge
Action Challenge suggests that their challenges are sometimes tough, often life changing, usually unforgettable, and always rewarding. So, whether it's climbing Kilimanjaro with some friends, walking the 100km to Brighton overnight with 3000 other adventurers, cycling 1000km from Lands End to John O'Groats, or as part of a speeding peloton heading out from London to reach Paris within 24 hours – they are likely to have the challenge for you!
- Running Diary
Find your next race - Running Diary provides a free searchable diary of running events in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Runners World
UK's largest running magazine aiming to provide practical information and encouragement for runners of all levels.
- Good Run Guide
Independent running site, with recommended UK running routes with maps and directions, route planner to measure routes and running log to plan and track your training and races.